From Loyola Academy to Nursing – A story on Emily Eshoo

Emily+celebrates+the+end+of+a+great+season+with+her+water+polo+teammates.+

The Year

Emily celebrates the end of a great season with her water polo teammates.

Toby Harris, Writer

Emily Eshoo, 17, is currently a senior at Loyola Academy. Emily expresses a huge interest in becoming a nurse but isn’t quite sure what college she wants to attend next fall. “I want to go into nursing because it’s a lifestyle, in order to be a great nurse you have to be compassionate, empathetic, and caring.”

Emily has always wanted to be a nurse and loves the idea of helping others in need. Emily said that, “A nurse is depended on, and I feel that I could make people’s day a little brighter while helping them though whatever needs they have.”

Emily has applied to a whopping 17 schools including Michigan State, Iowa, Tampa, Xavier, and Miami University of Ohio. She’s planning on going to a smaller school because she expressed that she didn’t want to just be a number at her school and that she wants to have smaller class sizes so that she can really participate and grasp the material better. She then added that she wants to be some what close to home but would still prefer a warmer climate than Chicago.

Emily said she will miss Loyola because of her close relationships with her friends and teammates. Emily has participated in swimming and water polo and feels like her group of teammates are more than just a team but more of a family as they all have a close bond.

Emily then added, “I’ll miss some teachers I had such as Mrs. Dempsey, who goes out of her way to make sure the class fully understands the content before moving on to the next subject. She always made the class fun, engaging, and always pushed her students to do their best in her class.”

Emily is still very excited to move on to her nursing career and soon find out what college she will be attending in the fall.