Father McGrath x Michael Jackson: A Ramble Video To Remember

Fr.+McGrath+and+students+dance+down+the+halls+in+support+of+this+years+Ramble.+

Fr. McGrath and students dance down the halls in support of this year’s Ramble.

Andrea Barone, Writer

This year marks the 50th year of the Loyola Academy Ramble. The Ramble is a charity event that showcases a raffle to win prizes. This event always draws in many parents and alumni of the school.

Because this is the 50th anniversary of the Ramble, Loyola wanted to do something special, so they created a video to give the Ramble a little publicity and add to the excitement of the event.

The video features students, teachers, and stars Father McGrath. In addition to having their time in the spotlight, students were entered into a raffle of their own just for being in the video! The prizes were different for each grade. One prize included a MacBook Pro for senior students to win. Students also received extra credit from some teachers if they showed their face in the video.

One student, Adriana Montano, said “I loved being in the video, it was great seeing all the students dancing and showing support for our school, and the prizes their raffling off aren’t too bad either!”

In the video, the cast of teachers and students are dancing the iconic “Thriller” dance originally performed by Michael Jackson. On top of the great dance moves of the students and teachers, there was a parody of the “Thriller” song with lyrics designed to fit the theme of the Ramble and explain what it’s all about.

The video was filmed by Loyola teachers, starred Loyola students and was led by Loyola’s own, Father McGrath, what better way to capture the Rambler spirit!

The video has been finished and it posted on the Loyola Academy twitter page for all to see. Time will tell if the video promoted the Ramble well, based on the turnout. The Ramble takes place Saturday, May 4, and registration will start in March.