Service Opportunities for Teens 

Addy Lundgren, Writer

There are many ways to get your service hours in from tutoring to mentoring but what are other fun ways to get them done?
For older students who have a license and love to drive meals on wheels is perfect for you. Meals On Wheels is an organization that is committed to helping the seniors in your neighborhood. They cook, package and deliver thousands of meals to home bound residents in your area. Their goal is to serve the nutritional and social needs of our older friends who may live alone or may not be able to leave the house often.
For those who love to jump in help solve a problem and speak up for what you think is right DoSomething is the website for you. DoSomething is a database full of campaigns run by other teens for teens. Some go as far as advocating for rights on climate change while others collect items such as clothes and food for shelters. Others teach you how to create things such as masks or food dishes along with club Iike groups available to join as well.
For those we like building friendships and making other feel included BestBuddies.org is the website for you. As said by Maria Shriver “Best Buddies gives people with special needs a chance to speak up, be heard and advocate for themselves and others within their community.” There mission is to foster and build friendships between students with and without IDD. Friendships range from middle school age kids to even college age adults. They even have opportunities to educate and empower others in your community about IDD